HighlightsMay 24, 2013
Tonight at 9:00pm
on KQED Plus
Rupert Penry-Jones portrays Richard Hannay, a mining engineer caught in a conspiracy after a British spy is found dead in his apartment.
Today at 10:00am
on KQED 88.5 FM
Recent news events such as this week's brutal killing of a British soldier in London or the Boston Marathon bombings have renewed a debate that has simmered since 9-11: What qualifies as terrorism?
The Commonwealth Club
Tonight at 8:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
Repeats at 2am
Congressman Barney Frank speaks with Scott Shafer about his decades of political life, ideas about current economic realities, and ambitions for the future.
"Avoid Extreme Diets — 5 Warm Weather Foods That Naturally Detox The Body" - Some people use extreme diets like fasting and juice cleanses. But these aren?t necessary for most people and may be dangerous without medical supervision. Here are five foods that support the body while cleansing.
Here's your chance to be a part of history. Do you have a family mystery you would like solved? Is there a missing piece or person in your family tree you've always wondered about? Apply to be on the San Francisco episode of this new television series now.
What's your best dance move? If you don't have a signature dance move that you consider your own, then make one up! Capture your move in a short video and share the link with us.
State of Health
The state's health insurance exchange, Covered California, has announced its plans and premiums. A collective sigh of relief was felt as "rate shock" appears to have been averted.
What's on KQED Radio now?
NPR Hourly News
Check, Please! Bay Area restaurant reviews
- 806: Hunan Home's Restaurant, Radius, Guerilla Cafe
- 805: Bocanova, Willi's Wine Bar, The Rotunda of Neiman Marcus
- 804: Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR
- 803: Maverick, Izakaya Yuzuki, Souk Savanh
- 802: Zare at Fly Trap, Barrio Fiesta, Flora
- 801: Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon
- Leslie Sbrocco's Wine Tips
Follow KQED on Facebook
- Why Programming Teaches So Much More Than Technical Skills
- What Teens Feel About Privacy and Social Media
- California’s Health Insurance Exchange Sets Plans, Premiums; No Apparent ‘Rate Shock’
- 12 Ways To Be More Search Savvy
- Flipped Classroom 2.0: Competency Learning With Videos
- How to Address “Yeah, But” Objections From Resisters
- 5 Tools to Introduce Programming to Kids
- Arrested Development: Identify Your Character by How You Watch the New Season : KQED Pop
- 7 Essential Cooking Lessons I Learned at San Francisco Cooking School : Bay Area Bites
- Inquiry Learning Vs. Standardized Content: Can They Coexist?
Thu, May 30, 2013: Meet Bay Area makers and artists featured in The Making Of... a community collaboration
by The Kitchen Sisters and KQED, on Thursday and Friday, May ...
Sat, June 1, 2013: Please join KQED at CityCamp Palo Alto for a sneak peak preview of the PBS film, Extreme
by Design, which airs nationally on PBS in ...
Sun, June 2, 2013: At 9am, KQED Public Radio's popular arts roundup The Do List with Cy Musiker and the San
Francisco Chronicle's David Wiegand will be part of ...